FULL RECIPE BELOW
A truly unique experience, sweet tamales are taking the culinary world by storm. Learn how to make them in this tutorial!
SWEET TAMALES RECIPE:
3 cups corn flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable shortening
8 oz unsalted butter
1 ¼ cups of milk
½ tbsp baking powder
½ tbsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Apple Compote Ingredients
11/2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 Granny Smith apples peeled and diced
¼ cup of raisins
1 ½ tsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Set a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter and green apples. Sautée until apples are soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Then add the raisins, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice. Add ¼ cup of water and simmer until the apples are cooked and the raisins are plumed, about 5 minutes.
1. Soak corn husks in hot water for 20 minutes
2. Combine soft butter, shortening, sugar and baking powder. Add corn flour slowly, and then milk. At the end, add the apples.
3. Add about 3 tablespoons of the corn flour mixture to a corn husk and roll.
4. Place tamales in a steamer and steam for about 1 hour, the tamales should not stick to the husk when fully cooked.
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen?
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit:
STAY CONNECTED WITH US: