A layer of cornbread topped with cheesy shredded chicken = DINNER GOALS.
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Prepare cornbread base: In a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, sour cream, corn and egg. Whisk until evenly combined. Spray a large oven-safe skillet with cooking spray. Pour into a large cast iron skillet and bake until golden, 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until tender, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add taco seasoning and season with salt. Add chicken and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and stir until combined.
3. Poke holes all over cornbread with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour remaining 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over poke holes and top with chicken mixture.
4. Top with cheddar and Monterey jack and bake 20 minutes more.
5. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
1 box JIFFY corn muffin mix
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. corn kernels (canned, fresh, or frozen)
1 large egg
Cooking spray, for skillet
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
2 c. Shredded chicken
3/4 c. enchilada sauce, divided
1 c. shredded Cheddar
1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
SUBSCRIBE to delish:
FOLLOW for more #DELISH!